While new condo sales have followed the general path of many economic variables over the past decade with various degrees of correlation, their close relationship to the stock market is attention worthy. [Read more…]
Archives for September 2014
What is Real Estate (Home) Staging?
- It is creating an environment that buyers want.
- It is using marketing and decorating techniques that will highlight the value of each room.
- It showcases the unique features and adds character and warmth to the home.
- It is creating an appeal to your home for a wide variety of buyers.
- It allows a buyer to see the potential of a house and visualize themselves in the home.
- It helps the home to stand out compared to the competition.
- It will help to sell the home quicker and for top dollar.
Home staging is becoming less of a novelty and more of a necessity. If your neighbour is selling their house and has it staged, then you will also need to stage yours if you wish to stay competitive. [Read more…]
Long gone are the days when dog lovers would have a tough time buying a condo in Metro Vancouver. [Read more…]
Home insurance policy provides coverage for five main areas:
- The primary dwelling/building
- Other Structures such as storage sheds and detached garage
- Personal property
- Loss of use (if the dwelling is uninhabitable due to damage)
- Personal Liability (if your negligence caused injury to a person or his property)
The home policy is generally an “all perils” type of coverage that includes damage due to fire, theft, wind, hail, hurricanes, water and sewer backup. Earthquake is available for extra premium.
The policy provides replacement cost for both building and contents. [Read more…]